Friday, August 28, 2009

Peace Within Our Souls by Jaye Lewis


Hello friends,

Have you ever felt as though you open your mouth only to change feet? Well, that was me yesterday. Remember me shrieking accusations against my doctor? She’s a minimalist I cried. Well, sometimes she is, but yesterday afternoon, she really came through. I am now on two drugs for my diabetes: Januvia at breakfast and Glumetza with supper. My blood sugar immediately came into line.

Now, remember that any change in medication, especially after weeks of inadequate treatment, can cause problems. For me it meant waking at midnight with a blinding migraine. Grabbing a couple of wrist-rub anti-nausea meds ― I do throw up violently, you know ― I headed for the couch, in the living room. Gosh, it felt like my head would explode, and I’ve been fighting it all day, today.

But my feet are better, so, recognizing that every step forward, often means a half-step back, I can weather this storm. In the meantime, I am, through the aid of my laptop, prowling through growers’ catalogues, lusting after lilies, my favorite flower.

I finally was able to order the double Tiger Lily that I’ve been drooling over for about three years. Sometimes it’s carried and sometimes not, but it seems that it has always been sold out. Ah-ha! But this time I bagged it. These are rare bulbs, a mutation of the original Tiger Lily. I’m not certain why these breathtaking bulbs are called “Tiger Lilies.” Yes, they are spotted, but then shouldn’t they be called “Leopard” Lilies? A notorious lily mystery.

So, now I’ll leave you, friends, with this little notation and a picture of my Tiger Lilies, that will always be my favorite. Sometimes, when life hands us adversity, it’s healing to be able to turn to the things we love, so that we many re-coop our perseverance, summon our strength, and find the peace within our souls.

With love,
Jaye Lewis
http://www.entertainingangels.org/
http://www.entertainingangelsencouragingwords.blogspot.com/